Yesterday we suprised the boys with a trip to the Keller Auditorium where the Oregon Childrens Theater was putting on the play/musical The Ghost of Treasure Island. This is what the flyer said "Land lubbers young and old batten down the hatches, put on your eye-patches, and set sail for The Ghosts of Treasure Island! This rowdy and raucous high seas adventure sails forth with original pirate rock songs and the theatrical debut of Portland's own Captain Bogg & Salty." Well when we saw that Captain Bogg and Salty were the music group there we HAD to take the boys. For Eli's 4th birthday the theme for his party was Pirates. Aunt Alisa and Uncle Ben got him a really fun pirate cd that the boys (ok ok... Jake and I too) just LOVE to listen to in the car. There is one particular song that we all get really crazy on and laugh alot. Once we got so caught up in the song we realized Jake had started driving faster and faster and was doing about 75 mph and freaked me out. hehe So we packed the boys into the car and headed to the play. If you were to show up early they had some music to dance to and also kids could "walk the plank". Well unfortunatley for us, we WERE on time to do so, but tons of the surrounding areas were blocked off and parking was a mess...apparently there was a guy on the 14th floor of the Marriot right there blocks from the Keller, who was threatning to jump. So because of this guy and the millions of swat trucks/fire trucks/police cars/ambulances/etc, it took us longer to park therefor we missed the before hand activities. But we were there with plenty of time to get in our seats before the play started. When the play started, it went dark ...there was thunder and lighting and bright strobe lights like it was a storm. Anyone who's been around Zach durring fireworks or anything that makes loud noise or flashes knows he isnt too fond of that. So he kind of freaked out some. But once the storm stopped and the pirates came on stage and the music started...I looked over at him and he was laughing and bouncing his head to the beat. Pretty cute. Eli had a great time through the whole thing, laughing at all the crazy pirates. When it was over, he asked to go to see more. So I guess were going to have to start looking into local school plays and such to fill his new found drama interest. Every day he becomes more and more like his Daddy...man am I in trouble! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Candy, I just love your blog! It is such an easy way to see what you guys have been up to. I'm glad to hear that you all enjoy the Captain Bogg and Salty cd. Did you know there is a Portland Pirate festival in St. John's every September? My parents usually go and Captain Bogg and Salty play every year. (I think my parents can't wait for grandkids...they go to Disneyland by themselves, pirate festivals, the zoo, listen to captain Bogg and Salty on roadtrips, etc. They're kids at heart. :) Anyway, you should check out the pirate festival, I hear it is quite fun and I'm sure the boys would love it.
Also, I enjoyed the video of the frogs. They are so noisy!!
Post a Comment