Thursday, April 30, 2009

Easter

I really cherrish our Easter weekend every year. Jake and I started a tradition a few years ago to just go away for the entire Easter weekend to the beach. The last couple years we've stayed at Gearhart by the Sea and have had the most relaxing time. We go to an Easter egg hunt in Seaside, go out to eat, eat in, swim alot, watch some tv, sleep, play on the beach, and shop. We just try to do whatever, whenever we feel like it. No planning or rushing about the weekend. Its so relaxing!
Two days before the weekend I plugged in both my camera and my video camera to make sure I had full batteries for the weekend. Well, I think some little fingers got into the case when I packed up because we arrived at the beach and when I pulled them out to take a picture...NO BATTERIES! Can you believe that I, ME, had to go through an entire holiday trip without taking pictures of my children??? I was very sad. We were able to get some video on our video camera but not much before the battery died on that too. So we took a few "make up" pictures when we got home of their Easter baskets.

These suckers were funny. They are made by the ring pop company, but they were bunny teeth. The boys laughed alot at eachother sucking on these!

Maybe Ive taken too many pictures of my boys? Eli especially is really hard to take photos of latley. He cant control himself and just smile nicely for Mommy and the camera anymore, so I have to look at pictures of him like this I guess. Crazy kid.
The boys and their baskets, we love books!
The eggs we colored at the beach.

I had bought some Easter theme cookie kits and we took them to the beach with plans to let the boys make them there. But the room we were in, didnt have a cookie sheet and I wasnt about to cook them on a broil pan. So when we got home from the beach, the boys made cookies. Again...Eli making funny faces instead of just smiling for me. :)

No comments: