Monday, November 30, 2009

All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth.

Whats cooler than losing your 1st tooth on the 1st day of 1st grade? Losing your 2nd tooth at bedtime on Thanksgiving so you have plenty of time to learn the Christmas song of all time. All Eli wants for Christmas is his two front teeth (ok so maybe he really only needs 1 1/2 since the first one that fell out is technically coming in, but who's really counting?)!

Its actually a funny story. The first one we let him do his own thing taking it out. If you read back over my blog to that story you'll remember that Daddy scared him a little. I think that was in the back of his mind still because this tooth was just hanging there and he was afraid to pull it. So I talked him into letting me tie some floss around it and just pulling a little. My thoughts were that when the knot was pulled that the tooth would just pop off because it was so loose. Well I was wrong. He pulled and pulled and nothing. That was one strong last piece of skin holding it on! So finally I said we'd just give it another few days, but when I went to get the floss off I couldnt. It was tied so tight around that tiny little tooth I couldnt get it undone. So I told Eli he had to pull it...or walk around with floss in his mouth until it fell out. So he finally gave it one brave tug and it came right out. Again the tooth fairy left him a one dollar bill to spend or save as well as two collector coins. He was one happy toothless boy.

No comments: