Thursday, December 11, 2008

Sherwoods Christmas Parade

I grew up in Sherwood and used to love all the parades they put on in town. We live close enough that we'd just walk up the street to the main road, pick a spot and enjoy the parade. Since having kids and moving out of Sherwood I havent found time to make it back to many. So I talked Jake into going this year to the Christmas Parade. I talked it up so much trying to convince him to go. Its hard for him to get excited about any parade other than Hillsboro's 4th of July parade, the best parade in Oregon you know. So when we got to the parade and there wasnt many people out to watch it, I got a little concerned I was going to get picked on all day long for this. And when the parade was only about 7 floats long...I really knew it. It was the shortest parade I think Ive ever seen, but we were very lucky in the long run. We were at the very beginning of the parade route, NO ONE was around us, and since the parade was so small....we got a TON of candy thrown to us! The kids made out like bandits. Jake may have made fun of it all night but atleast we got as much candy in that 5 minutes like we do in the 2 hours at the Hillsboro parade. AND there was no traffic getting out of town afterwards. haha
The kids all watching for the big parade to start.
Theres Santa....and his dancing cow? I guess thats Sherwood for ya! Oh, and the amazing High School marching band...which I was briefly a part of in my younger years. Ahhh...the memories.

Doesnt Jake look impressed with our town parade?
There was so much candy left all over the other side of the road from us and so my Mom ventured on over to collect.
I swear the parade was much cooler when I grew up....Santa used to land in a hellicopter before getting on the fire truck to make his way in the parade even. I swear.

No comments: