Tuesday, July 7, 2009

July 4th

We had a fantastic 4th of July surrounded by family food and fun. We started the day off with the Hillsboro parade. We had a nice shady spot with the family and all the kids made out like bandits with all the candy being thrown at them.

Playing some hop scotch before the parade starts.
The parade is starting, everyone waiting anxiously!

Jake and I laughed at this Thriftway float and wondered if the Jackass guys borrowed it for their movie. :)

I think this is my favorite picture of the parade. Zach was amazed at how tall this guy was and how he was able to walk on the stilts. But what I love about the picture the most is how Zach stands out in it, it almosts looks like he's 3D or we photo shopped the picture.
After the parade we headed to Great Grandmas for some yummy food, water fun and hanging with family.
Eli hoo-la-hooping.

Jon playing baseball with the kids.
Eli had a hard time hitting the ball...

Eli trying to pet cute little Gus Gus.

Juan and Ben
Aunt Becky and Zach playing in the pool.

Home made slip and slide.

Antonio doing tricks on the slip and slide.
Where was Jake you ask??......Do I even have to answer that?
But this time..he wasnt alone! Sorry Uncle Paul.

After Jakes nap and after the kids were starting to tire out, we headed home for baths and a few fireworks.

I admit that Im not a big firework fan. I love all that the 4th of July brings...potlucks, family, parades, etc.....but I could totally do without the fireworks. I think maybe some of my firework fears have rubbed off on Zach. He's always been afraid of them. Last year he spent the 4th inside the house watching us from the window. This year I maybe pushed him a little, and after finally giving in and holding a sparkler for a few moments...he went in the house to watch the rest from the window. Baby steps, baby steps.

I wont do it....

Ok, maybe for a quick second.

No comments: