Monday, April 4, 2011

Lots of laughs.

I was never very good at April Fools jokes, ever. But now that I have kids, Ive gotten more creative. Or maybe its just easier to pull pranks over on children than it is on adults? I don't know which is true, but regardless I enjoy the holiday more now than ever. I sure get a kick out of my funnies, whether anyone else does or not. ha! The day started out with packing up Eli's lunch for school (although I forgot to take pictures). Typically I don't pack all the extra treats in lunches, ie chips, because the boy would eat that first and run out of time and not eat the good for him things. So now he gets those for snacks after school instead and I only pack the good things. But for this particular day, I opened up a bag of chips and emptied the contents into a Ziplock. Then I nicely packed some grapes in the chip bag and taped it back closed with a cute little "April Fools Day" note in there too. (I did put the chips in a Ziplock in his lunch box though for this day, I'm not THAT mean). Once lunch was packed I heard that a friend woke her kids saying it snowed that day, so I played off that and got Eli good. I told him we were going to get tons of snow that day. He was so excited, but looked as if he might cry when I yelled "APRIL FOOLS!!!!!". I'm evil, I'm aware. When he got home from school I asked how lunch was. "You tricky Mommy you!" was his answer. I'm good! ha ha! Then it was dinner time. On the menu: Cupcakes made of meatballs and green mashed potato "frosting", pound cake "fries" with red frosting "catchup", salad (yep, JUST salad), and jello in a cup "lemonade" (which TOTALLY fooled Jake by the way, see I CAN pull jokes off on adults!)Dinner was fun, and a total hit. Zach asked "what's the orange things in the salad?" ...um, carrots, JUST carrots. They were very concerned that I put something normal on the April fools plate! Jello isn't very thirst quenching, and is really hard to get through a straw. mmmm mmmmmmmmm!

No comments: