Monday, April 4, 2011

They sure are sweet.

Ive always bragged about how much our boys love to sleep in, loving sleep myself. Its not abnormal for our family to still be sleeping at 10am. But the last month or so Eli has been our early bird. I'm hoping that its just his bodies way of turning on the "school hour" clock or what every you'd like to label it. I sure hope that he starts sleeping in again though, at least when summertime is here. He wakes up at 7am or so lately (I know, can you believe him, for shame), and we all pay for it dearly. Ive tried to convince him to stay quietly in his bed and read, or play his didj while the rest of the family gets some more sleep. He's getting better about it, not going in Zachs room immediately upon awakening...instead gives Zach a few more minutes before bouncing on him and making him cranky. The other morning I woke Eli for school and he sat up very cranky and says "Mommy, this is exactly what I do to you on the weekends and you yell at me...just waking you up all the time when you are tired. This is your warning, you wait until the weekend again!" HA HA! So we had a very stern talk about weekend lazy days vs school mornings. So as I got on the computer today to update my blog, I turned on the camera to download the newest pictures and found this on there. I think this must be one of our recent mornings when Mommy got her turn to stay in bed while Daddy got up with the "early bird" who had a visitor that morning. Eli in bed playing his Didj while little brother cuddles and watches him play. These are the sweet moments I love.

No comments: