Friday, August 24, 2012

Corks...lots of corks.

We recently went to a garage sale where we spotted a tiny basket of corks and asked what they were charging for them. Our answer we got was "they are free, and there's lots more over there so take them too". And that we did. Hundreds of them. Ive seen many cork crafts and have always wanted to make one, but never had enough corks. Well, now I did. So I sat down one one morning to transform our regular old borring cork board into a fancy wine country cork board. Jake rolled his eyes and snapped a picture of me, saying that it was proof for when he could say I ruined a perfectly fine cork board. I sure proved him wrong with the results, as Im pretty darn proud of my work. But little did I know it would take millions of corks, tons of glue and many many many bottom numbing hours to complete. But now every time I walk past my board, or go to check our calendar...I can smile and say "man that looks good, and Im to thank for that!"

No comments: