Monday, June 16, 2008

Fathers Day weekend at Marion Forks.

So we decided 2 days before the weekend, that we would pack up and head camping for Fathers day weekend. We loaded up the car and headed out to Marion Forks fish hatchery/campground. It was great, only one other family was at the entire campground...so it was all ours to roam! As we pulled in I was going over the "rules" for camping by a fast river to the boys. I explained it in the scariest, and most child like way I could to ensure that they understood and that no little boys would get washed away with the river. What I told them was "you stay far away from the edge of the water so the big fish dont grab you and pull you into the water and wash you far far away from mommy and daddy and drown you". Haha...Im terrible. But it obviously worked well because as I backed into our camp spot Zach began freaking out and screaming, truly honestly FREAKING out... "dont fall us in the water with the fish moooooooommmmmmmy!" And the entire weekend they both stayed far away from the waters edge, except towards the end of the trip as Eli got more and more darring (and more and more sleep deprived) and realized that the fish probably wouldnt have pulled him in...so I had to tell him that the fish wouldnt, but the water WOULD. So luckily, no children were washed away this time. We spent the entire weekend relaxing and eating by the fire, visiting the fish in the hatchery, going for walks, sleeping, playing in the dirt, fishing, and even took a few hours out of the warm day to head back to Detroit Lake for a few hours of swim time. The water was VERY cold (because this has been a freaky year, and there was still snow on the ground in some places!!), but the boys enjoyed playing in the water anyways. It was a wonderful Fathers Day weekend, I think its exactly what daddy wanted as a gift. ...but of course we also made him a card, and got him two hat and shirt sets (one said "#1 Dad", and the other "Property of my family").








So I had to take pictures of the boys eating at the campground. Its totally funny how different their eating habbits are and who eats more like Jake and who like myself. So here we have Zachary...eating a bun, filled with tofu and some vegetable pasta salad...then you have Eli, eating a bun with a meat hotdog sour crout and lots of catsup. They couldnt be anymore different..but we love them both the same. :)

No comments: