Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Froggy friends are getting legs!

So our little tadpole babies are getting so big. They are really interesting to look at right now. The pictures dont do them any justice, but I took the best ones I could. They are getting nice and fat now and have big eyes. Their tails are still there, but just at the base of their tail ("at their bottom" Eli says) there are two tiny tiny little back legs starting to form. My favorite part of them right now though is their tummies. They have this crazy swirly goldish rainbow design on them, its really cool. I have to say though Im a little dissapointed in the ratio of tadpoles we have now vs all the eggs that were layed. I dont know if they eat eachother or if some just dont hatch, but we had millions of eggs and really not that many big tadpoles to show for it. Or maybe they are just quicker swimmers now and are dodging our net when we try to catch them to see them. So here is a few pics...the first one is showing a top view of one, and the second pic is a bottom rainbow view of a bigger one.

No comments: