With this warm weather has come the constant asking for popsicles. So after nap time I usually give in and let them have one for snack outside by the pool. Well one day we were out, heaven forbid! So I got the great idea to make healthy popsicles on our own before naptime and we could enjoy them after nap. So we blended up some yummy mango, boysenberries, yogurt, and ice. We poured them into some paper cups we had and covered them with tin foil and then stuck stir sticks through the foil to make the popsicle stick. And down for nap we went. When they got up it was the first thing they asked "can we have our popsicles we made!??" So we tore off the foil and paper cup and WALAAA it was yummy treat time. I have to say, I had one myself too and they were pretty good and who can complain about a healthy summer treat? Eli enjoyed them so much that he ate 3 of them. On a normal store bought popsicle this would have not flown with me, but it was all fruit and yogurt so it was good for him....but I didnt tell him that part, he thought he was just getting special treatment. hehe Zach ate only one, he's our slow mouse. So over all our recipe was a success and we even made enough to last a while, we have more left still! The only thing I didnt take into consideration was those darn boysenberries...the pictures explain it all...

Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment