The desert table, protected by the Penguin pinata.

Sushi! (rice crispie treats with dried fruit in the middle rolled in purple fruit roll up, so yummy!)
Sushi! (rice crispie treats with dried fruit in the middle rolled in purple fruit roll up, so yummy!)
7 layer dip. see the cute little olive penguins on top!? I planned to make a whole tray of these cute little guys, but they took forever to make...so I made four. Which worked out perfect, the oly 4 kids who wanted some got one!
Ta-da! So those of you who dont know, I always make a special cake for my boys. So Zach got an igloo cake and little penguins. It tasted much better than Eli's fondant clown cake, I found a recipe for frosting dough...which tastes MUCH better and smells much better than fondant.
Some of the penguins are having a snowball fight...and see the little penguin in the door! He was Zachs favorite.
Opening gifts. This was his favorite gift, wooden toys made by my good friend Selma's friend. He's 85 I believe she said, and he makes all sorts of them, they are really amazing. Zach hasnt stopped playing with his 5 since he opened them. He tells everyone "my Selma's friend made them"
Oh how I wish I had the video going at this time. This card Jake got him, its huge and it sings that song from Shrek, "hey now youre an all star get your game on....", and Zach went totally crazy. He started out dancing to it and then just went nutts! He was so happy and I dont think Ive ever seen him preform for a group like that, being our shy child. He was dancing and turning red and then yelled "turn it off, Im going crazy!!!!" Too funny.
"Bendaroos, like I see on my tv all the time!"
Make a wish! Happy Birthday to you!!!
So you can kind of see it in this picture, but the cake was also covered in powdered sugar so when he blew his candles sugar blew all over Jakes hand. Special effects, I planned it. haha
Gweny was pretty much the only one who adventured so much in the pool. It was a decent day but not too warm. Kids got in and out, but Gweny was in it quite a bit. She had blue lips at times.
Pinata time! (Luke)
Eli smashed his head in. Such violence, poor poor cute little penguin.
CANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Grandpa Nick brought a pinata for Zach, so we had two pinatas to beat. The kids all went home with gallon bags worth of pinata suprise. By this time, the kids realized pinatas are built to last a long time, so Zach created the "charge and hit" attacks.

Grandpas pinata had money in it...notice adults are on the ground this time. haha
Grandpas pinata had money in it...notice adults are on the ground this time. haha
I cant believe my baby is 4. Time flies when youre having fun. He's very happy to be four. He starts preschool this Fall and he's growing up so fast. For a couple months we've been in "butt wipe training" so that he can take care of business if need be at preschool. This whole time he's been very stubborn about it and wouldnt want to do it himself. Occasionally he'd try and we'd have to finish. On his actual birthday, the day after his party, he announced he had to go and went in the bathroom. Whe he was done he yelled "Im done" like normal, to get us to come wipe him. I yelled back to wipe and Id come check. Before I knew it I heard the sink turn on and I ran in thinking he decided not to try and would try to get away with no wipes at all. So I walk in to him washing his hands singing his ABC's and I ask if he wiped, he says yes, so I say let me check and he did! I just looked at him and said did you wipe on your own? (I knew he had, it was more of a proud question than anything) and he looks at me like Im the most clueless person around and says "Mommy, Im FOUR." So this age must be a big deal for him, because as soon as he knew he was four, he magically learned to wipe his own bottom.
Happy 4th Birthday big boy, you'll always be my baby.

1 comment:
That sushi is so cute! (And Happy 4th Birthday!)
Post a Comment