Summer came and went, and Fall snuck up on us. One day just after school started, Eli was at school and Zach and I were working in the yard. Zach decided he was going to ride his bike, so I tried to teach him. He's gotten really good at rolling around and balancing on it, but not quite the peddle and brake parts yet...baby steps. This is where I decided to put into effect "Waibel sibling competition". Jakes siblings are all so competative and its totally in our boys blood, so why not use it to my advantage right? So, Eli gets home from school that day and I inform him that Zach is almost riding his bike on his own, and Eli immediatley wanted to go out and ride. Got right on and rode off, not wanting our help! Guess he just needed that little bit of sibling competition...Im remembering this tactic for future situations. haha
He was so proud of himself and rode constantly for a good hour up and down our street as Mommy freaked out occasionally. The brakes....didnt come as naturally to him as the taking off did. And he likes to watch his feet peddle....not the most safe way to ride. So many times I was yelling "EYES UP!" and "WATCH OUT FOR THE MOTORCYCLE" (really nice one the neighbors visitor had parked on the street) and "BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKEEEESSS!"

No comments:
Post a Comment