Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A beach craving

I was having a serious beach craving. I love the beach, and our favorite times of year that we take our little trips to the beach. But a couple weeks ago it was feeling like we hadn't been to the beach in way too long, and I had a serious craving. We just couldn't find a weekend where we were completely free all weekend, so we chose to take a day trip on a Saturday. We realized once we were on the road early that morning, we've never done a "day trip" to the beach with the boys before. Normally when we go to the beach we stay for the weekend somewhere. They were so confused! So many questions came flooding in from them, why oh why would we ever just drive to the beach for the day? How absurd! ha ha

It turned out to be an amazing day. We left after breakfast, took our time doing whatever we wanted when we got there, had dinner and headed home. And we lucked out with amazing weather. Not too cold, not too warm, not too windy, just a hint of sprinkles occasionally...and none of it kept us from playing on the beach for good couple hours. I don't think we've had a play on the beach time like that in Oregon in a very long time...it was a lucky day, and the boys played until they looked like sand monsters.

Eli needed water for his sand creation, here he is venturing out to get some from the ocean on his own...very cautiously. (see that guy way out there swimming? crazy!)


There's nothing better in the world than watching these two creative minds work their magic in the sand while I lay on a blanket with their amazing Daddy. I have a pretty darn good life.

Zach "Um, did you notice that for some reason Bumblebee parked behind our car?"

Walking through town with their biggest buddy.

There was some sort of pumpkin event going on when we were there. It was early September, but there were tons of pumpkins like this all over. I think maybe some weighing event? Fun to look at regardless of why they were there.

You have to ride the carousel when in Seaside, its tradition. Jake said on the way down "I think they are too big for it now don't you?" ARE YOU CRAZY? No they are not too big...jeez.
I had a hard time getting pictures of them as it went around, Eli was all too happy to cheese it up for me but I couldn't get Zach to look in time.

So I had to settle for a good picture when the thing stopped. Of course Eli stayed in character for me to make it look real.

It was a very good short beach trip, definitely suppressed my beach craving for the time being.

No comments: