Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Never a dull moment in this family.

In the last few years since the boys have started school, Ive done most of my grocery shopping on my own in the mornings when they are both at school or with just Zach in the afternoons while Eli's still in class. On this particular day we stopped on our way through Beaverton to grab a few grocery items that I get at New Seasons. Well, on this trip I learned that 1.) there is never a dull moment in our family and 2.) Our children are growing before our eyes.

When we pulled into the parking lot they begged me to get the little kid car grocery cart. I had not pushed one of these in a while because the last time I can remember grocery shopping with both boys they were much smaller and I had to break up a pretty nasty brother brawl over who's turn it was to use the steering wheel....so we tend to stay clear of the car carts. But they swore they would be good and share, so we gave it a go. Getting in the car was a hilarious moment in itself. We learned that they are not little boys anymore. Poor Eli had to contort his body in a pretty uncomfortable manner just to get in the car. But man was he determined. Then as we drove through the store shopping, I think every person in there walked out giggling thanks to my crazy children. They took driving very seriously. "Excuse us, crazy driver coming through!" "We're on a road trip to the candy isle!"

They did hold true to their promise though, and there was no fights. It was a bit of work to get them back out of the car when it was time to go unfortunatley. The same contortionist positions Eli used to get in it, didn't quite work as well getting him back out.



I have to giggle when I look at these pictures and think about that experience. Just a year ago the boys were fighting non stop, we thought we were going to lose our minds. Now days they are such buddies, its amazing to watch. Sure they have their moments still where they need their space, but its fun to see them growing up and becoming good friends. I look foward to seeing their friendship blossom even more as they get older.

No comments: