Eli's grade ran first thing in the morning. He ran his little heart out, but I could tell he wasn't as into it as last year. He had a tired morning getting ready for school, and it showed in his face as he ran.
Getting his lap punch.
I'm always proud of the boys no matter what the outcome is in whatever they are attempting, as long as they try. So even though he was a little upset that he ran 1 less lap this year than last, I was still proud of his 7 laps around that big concrete path. He ultimately decided that 7 laps was OK, because he's 7 years old. Such a sweet boy.
Zach's class ran about an hour after Eli's. I hate to say this out loud, but I wasn't expecting much from his turn. Anyone who knows Zach knows that he's not our athletic one. He tends to get tired walking to the restroom. And we all remember what happened the year we put him in soccer...remember the noodle body that would melt into the field? He'd rather sing, read and do some arts and crafts than to run some crazy long laps around the park. But I have to say, he sooooooooooo proved me wrong and made me proud! When that beginning signal went off he ran, and he ran, and he ran. He didn't stop running until the horn to stop went off! He hardly even stopped when he came running by me yelling "I'm hot take my sweatshirt off me!"
Look at that adorable red face and sweaty hair! He was so excited to come home that day to tell Eli he ran 6 laps! Yes SIX laps!!!...Almost as many as big brother. So where did this competitive athletic child come from? It was that competitive Waibel blood shining through. All it took was a little brotherly competition and off his little feet took him. And yes, he did have very bad leg cramps that night. And he woke up the next morning and said "ow, my legs hurt!"

No comments:
Post a Comment