Saturday, November 8, 2008
I love my boys
Im such a proud mommy. My boys are so many things that I wasnt outgoing enough to be growing up. They are so friendly, so outgoing, so kind, so sympathetic, so smart, so aware, so daring, etc....but my favorite trait on certain days, that trait that just makes me smile and remember the best feelings of being a parent...is when they are funny. But the days that they are funny and dont even mean to is even better. The innocent things they say crack me up. A few years ago at a camp out with all the Hertels, Eli refused to eat his steak and asked where the Tofu was...the camp went silent in confusion. Jake announced "thats Candys kid". Zach for some reason gets the word "letters" confussed with the word "neighbors". Were not sure why, because if you ask who lives next door to us he says "our neighbors". So he often asks "lets go to the mail box and get our neighbors"....or "can I put the neighbors in the mailbox this time?" Cracks me up every time. When the boys see a movie theater they get all excited and say "I love the movie theodore" Too funny. They have great speach, so its not about not saying things correctly they just mix things up sometimes. So last night we went to dinner at Nacho Mammas. Everyone always talks about how great it is, just this tiny little hole in the wall place between King City and Sherwood. So we stopped to have dinner and give it a try. It was ok, but still not our favorite mexican place. When we were looking over the menu I read they serve Cow Tongue. I asked Eli if he wanted that and he said YES. So we laughed and then discussed what was on the kids menu. When we order we always try to have the boys order their own meals to learn the proper way to do so. Well when I tell him go ahead and tell her what he'd like he replies in a VERY serious voice "I would like the pig tongue". Jake and I immediatley cracked up and the waitress says "what?" and I look at Eli and he's still straight faced. He really wanted the cow tongue I think! (and told me later I embarrased him by laughing when he ordered!) We didnt end up getting it for him, but told him some day we could try it and he said ok. Oh, I love my boys. They are so wonderfully amazing. Even if they do gross out their Vegetarian mommy by ordering tongue to eat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment