The boys had such a great time Trick or Treating. They both had great energy to make it around the neighborhood. Well almost, Zach couldnt quite finish the last 3 houses. He said "my whole self is getting too sweaty and my leg hurts". So when we were at the neighbors house I sent him home to Jake and finished up with Eli. We were very thankful that the rain broke and we stayed dry as we made our way door to door. It was fun to watch them this year as they are getting older. Last year it was a little frustrating because Eli was so much faster than Zach and so I ended up carrying Zach alot. This year they both were on top of the game pretty well and made out like bandits in the goodie department. It was also fun to watch Eli run into friends as we went around. He's always had his friends that we know from houses closer to ours, and I know he's making friends now at school that live farther up in the neighborhood...but it was fun to see just how many friends he's really made. Anyone who knows Eli knows that he just has something about him that draws kids to him. Especially the younger ones. But given the chance at a park, as much as Eli loves the little kids, he FLOCKS to the big kids. So I shouldnt have been as suprised as I was, that most of the friends he was saying hi to trick or treating were older! There was a few boys that we saw a couple times around the neighborhood and said hi to Eli, had to of been atleast 4th graders. I asked him later as we were tucking into bed how he knew them. He said they were his friends and they ride his bus. I asked if they were nice to him on the bus and he said "yes Mommy, we play thumb war...wanna see how to do it?" My little boy is growing up so fast, he plays thumb war on the school bus now. So halloween this year was a success again and we had a great evening celebrating Jakes birthday as well.
Monday, November 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment