Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Its ok, you can be jealous...

They may have cancelled their show in Portland on us, but there was no keeping us away from their tour. We quickly got online and bought tickets to the next closest show, in Tacoma! We made a short weekend of the trip, rode the train up Saturday afternoon, got a hotel, had some yummy dinner (unfortunatley no garden burgers???) and drinks, and then hailed a cab to the Tacoma Dome for the most AMAZING concert ever. So Ive had so many mixed reviews from people who heard I went. Ive gotten "Im soooooooo jealous!" to "Ewwwww"....you either loved them or hated them...and well, I LOVED them. I was telling my mom that to me, The New Kids are my generations Beatles. If the Beatles were to get back together for a tour my moms generation would be there in a heart beat..thats how I felt about NKOTB! The concert was so sureal. It just didnt feel like it was really happening it was so amazing! I wanted to cry when they came out on stage...it took me back to middle school in a flash. I know Im pathetic, but I dont care. hehe We had great seats, but scored even better seats because there was an open row a little closer to the stage than where we were...and when the gals next to poor Rosanna got totally sloshed and ended up spilling beer all over her we took advantage of the open seats and bailed on our old ones. Half way through the show they came half way down on the floor and sang on this rotating stage just in front of us. It was amazing! After the show we stood out by their busses, but they didnt come out to sign autographs...we were bummed. But its ok, Im not hating them for it..the show was plenty awesome alone. After the show Melissa and I took a cab to the casino and she showed me how to play some slots. We got in very late, slept very little, and got back on an early train home. I had a fantastic weekend with the gals, Melissa, Rosanna and Mendy. I couldnt have asked for a better group to hang tough with! And Im very thankful to have gone with my long time pal Melissa. We've known eachother since the 5th grade. We fell in love with New kids back in the day together which meant it was only perfect we went to this concert together almost 20 years later! Happy late birthday Melissa!!

Me and Melissa

Rosanna and her sister Mendy


They sang some oldies as well as the new songs, it was awesome!
This ones for Melissa!!! Joey Joe


And of course I took some short videos!!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Looks like fun! I was going to the Portland show before it was cancelled, too! I was a HUGE Joe fan.