Wednesday, September 9, 2009

"Excuse me, big 4 year old preschooler coming through"

Man on Man, why couldnt Eli's first day of preschool been so simple on Mommy? Today was Zachs first day of preschool. Boy has he been waiting for this day for some time. Yesterday he was very upset with me that Eli got to start school, but he had to wait another day. Today I woke them up and as we walked down the hall to eat breakfast Zach pushes past me and says "excuse me, big 4 year old preschooler coming through!" I think he was a little excited for his big day?

Here we are posing before we get in the car. Again, Zach has a hard time latley taking "nice" pictures...but I guess Id take silly pictures over a rough 1st day anytime!


Walking into his school on his very first day of preschool ever. He was so proud. He told me as soon as we buckled into the car (in his new big 4 year old car seat for the first I must announce!) that it was ok, I didnt need to tell him about the rules and that he already knows them all. (I tend to remind Eli about rules before I drop him off at school in the mornings)

When we got into class he went right on about his duties without a hitch in his step. He hung up his sweatshirt and backpack (that yes, is as big as he is!), took his supplies to his teacher, went over to the puzzle mat (where they start their day every morning while they wait for all the kids to show up) announced to the class "new big 4 year old preschooler is here...thats me!" and totally forgot about kissing Mommy goodbye! I had to go over to him and ASK for a hug and kiss. Yeah Im sad he's growing up, but good greif am I sooooooo thankful that he wasnt like Eli in preschool clinging to my leg screaming as I tried to leave.
So here we are, officially big school boys...both of them. I couldnt be more proud. Now what to do with the few free hours I have all to myself now!?

No comments: