I got a very nice phone call from his teacher and the front office letting me know that he took a pretty big spill at recess but was ok now. When he came out of school as I picked him up in the afternoon, he looked so sad all covered in bandages. I asked what happened, he said he was "running really fast and tripped over a fast rolling ball...fell on my legs and arms and then smashed my head and then cried a whole whole WHOLE bunch." Poor kid! That should teach him not to pick on balls anymore. He said that they tested his brain to make sure he didnt shake it too much, and then got to sit in the head bonked chair to ice his head for a while. There was already another kid in there in the head bonk chair, but I guess his head bonk wasnt quite as bad so they moved him to the hall and let Eli have the head bonk chair. I just think its funny there a "head bonk chair" at school...and it seems to be pretty popular. Im just very thankful that the school took such great care of my baby boy, if I didnt trust them and know them all so well..Id have gone to pick him up and bring him home I think, because I felt so bad for the little guy. To think he was so hurt and sad without me there to hug him. Im NOT a helicopter mom am I? haha
Here he is putting on the dramatics for the camera...
His head definatley got the worst of it all. He was embarrased this morning and wanted to cover it with a bandaid so no one would see it. I told him it was ok if they saw it, theyd think he was tough...then he was ok with it. Quite the bump, totally scratched up and some broken capilary things...yucky looking...and the best part is school pictures take place next week. Nothing like documenting a spill.

No comments:
Post a Comment