My little professor pondering the seriousness of safety.
The morning of his first day he was a little nervous. He told me that he would try not to be afraid of the "teenagers" (counselors for each group are middle and high school kids). I guess he thought teenagers were scary? I explained to him that teenagers were not all bad, the ones at camp would be nice and would help teach them all week. I told him that they would be nice just like the really sweet teenager who watches the kids in the gym at school durring parent club meetings that he knows. So when we walked up to safety camp and he was assigned to his group, he was all to happy to see that one of his counselors was a funny guy that Eli had last year also (Gabe) and the other was none other than the sweet teenager who watches them durring parent club meetings (Mackenzie). He immediatley was at ease and ok with me leaving him in the hands of the "teenagers".

No comments:
Post a Comment